See some answers from Shazad regarding the data for the assignment. They questions are organized as to the dataset they refer to.
Valves
Q) What does the attribute DESIGN_LIF mean?
Expected life of an asset.
Q) For the STATUS field what does the value A mean: active?
A means Active and I means Inactive (Assets still in ground which are not operational)
Q) The ASSET_VALU field: this could have any values based on the price of the valve?
Replacement cost of an asset
Hydrants
Q) What does the LABEL field represent?
Unique Identifier in term of grouping them by neighborhoods
wat_hydrant_lead
Q) What sort of values can you envision for these pipes? PVC, copper etc.
Now everything is PVC, before DI (Ductile iron) is used as well
wat_main
Q) Under the MATERIAL field what does the value HPC mean?
This material was used a long time ago. I have sent a query to the operation personal regarding what it stands for, I will forward the reply to you as well.
General
Q) The ASSET field in the valves seems like an attribute that would be useful to have in all features. Is this true?
Yes, it will be for all assets
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is Tyler,
ReplyDeleteColin Asked me to test out to make sure that it works!
Greetings Everyone.
ReplyDeleteYes it works.
Hello Stefan and Shazad,
ReplyDeleteWe are working on another assignment; working with your zoning.dbf and connecting to it once it is on an SQL Server.
I am looking at the content of the zoning.dbf and am wondering if there is some data cleaning I can do. Which feilds within the zoning.dbf you need and would like to keep within the final Geodatabase. Do you need the Centroid_X, Centroid_Y, Centroid_1, and Centroid_2 feilds? Are there any other fields that can be removed.
Thank you for your time,
Julia Rozema
Hi Julia,
ReplyDeleteYou are correct. The data could use some cleaning. The fields you mentioned above are not needed.
The rest is good to keep.
Cheers,
Stefan
Hi, Stefan
ReplyDeleteI have a question about what some of the fields mean the fields are listed below:
PMLOT
PMBLK
PMUHSE
PMYRBL
LINC_NUMBER
I was just wonder for creating a form, so I can use their proper names not abbreviations
Thank you,
Liz
The first 4 fields come from our financial database and the first two letters in each field name mean it's a field from the property master table.
ReplyDeleteThe first 4 fields you have refer to the legal land description. In other words:
PMLOT = Lot number
PMBLK = Block
PMUHSE = house number (municipal address)
PMYRBL = ? (no such field in the data)
LINC_NUMBE = The linc number (unique) is assigned by land titles when plans are registered with the Province.
I hope this helps.
Cheers,
Stefan